When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 SCHWINN 3 SPEED JAGUAR BUILD

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SHO2010

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I picked this bike up last summer at a flea market I took it apart last fall and cleaned and polished everything I could, I sent the frame out to be painted about a month ago and thought I would be getting it back last week but I had some other non bike problems come up so with any luck I should be getting the frame this week. In the mean time I started cleaning up the rims I am going to use them even thou they have some pitting but after a couple of hours cleaning with a brass wheel they are coming along. Next step is to clean all the oil off and start polishing them. I think they should turn out OK they will be 10 footers but they are the original rims.
20160703_111759_resized.jpg

20170703_200031.jpg
20170703_201940.jpg
20170703_200108.jpg
20170703_200116.jpg

Started cutting compound on the buffer tonight going to be a while to get both done then over to the buffing compound.

Very cool, labor of love there with the rims! Kudos to you for keeping the original hoops and making them shine! Joe

man, didn't anyone keep their bikes in the garage in the old days? I bought my first real road bike in 1983, I'm sure I have well over 10,000 miles on it since it is the only road bike I ever bought. other than a few chips it is in like new condition since it has never been left outside or in a damp basement. it will look that way for the next 30 years until I die, then someone else can have it.

Looking very nice! Your elbow grease really paid off! Can't wait to see it when it's all back together.

Back