When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Schwinn Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hzqw2l

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Been waiting since June to get this bike...today was the day. Unmolested 1st year bike with aluminum SA hub dated 54 2. Serial number is October 1953. Has original US Royal Rider tires that are presentable for display. Has nice Rocket Ray and additional Miller generator light set. AS Phantom pedals must have been an upgrade. Wear on the paint suggests a paperboy owned it.

Last edited:
What a great example! I had two paper routes simultaneously and can't come up with a good explanation for the paint wear in those locations.

I'm beginning to wonder when these Jags were really first available for delivery. In the October 53 Reporter they stated these were available for immediate shipment, but the vast majority have 1954 dated hubs.

I thought maybe bag was strapped to the seat mast and rubbed.
Odd wear for sure.

I see now why you were interested in the U.S. Royal Riders! Yours have survived in much better shape than mine. And the inside of that Rocket Ray is the cherry on top!

I see now why you were interested in the U.S. Royal Riders! Yours have survived in much better shape than mine. And the inside of that Rocket Ray is the cherry on top!
Yeah, I was hoping they would be good enough to ride.

I bought the bike in June at an auction so didn't have anything except auction photos to judge condition.

It should clean up nicely.

Auction delivery guy was finally within 60 miles of me so I could meet up and get the bike today.

Auction photos:

Last edited:
What a great example! I had two paper routes simultaneously and can't come up with a good explanation for the paint wear in those locations.

I'm beginning to wonder when these Jags were really first available for delivery. In the October 53 Reporter they stated these were available for immediate shipment, but the vast majority have 1954 dated hubs.
It seems like all the aluminum SA hub I have seen are 54's? and most on 53 frames?, great bike and dbl fender bridge, love to find one in that condition!, and tires? I know the earlier ad @GTs58 posted says Typhoon WW and optional Royal Riders black wall and 55 catalog says Schwinn Monsoons but didn't see any tires listed for 54?, oh ya, my paper bags hung from the handlebars of my 64 lime Stingray so the ware was on the top bar, same place where we put our feet sometimes.

Last edited:
I have never seen one of those bikes in person before. Were the headlights really all painted one color? i.e. no chrome bezel... Very nice bikes. Love the green!

I have never seen one of those bikes in person before. Were the headlights really all painted one color? i.e. no chrome bezel... Very nice bikes. Love the green!
I think the Rocket Rays for metallic colors were factory painted to match. Standard colors most likely had the stock color lights that were also used on the Panthers. If they made a Black Jaguar I'm sure they would use a Rocket Ray that had the chrome sides and visor.

I think the Rocket Rays for metallic colors were factory painted to match. Standard colors most likely had the stock color lights that were also used on the Panthers. If they made a Black Jaguar I'm sure they would use a Rocket Ray that had the chrome sides and visor.
That's interesting if it's true, I'll have to check when I see one. Unfortunately the Rocket Ray mostly doesn't survive, old leaking batteries ate them up. On my bikes, 2 out of 7 survived, both on Roadmasters.

Back