When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Schwinn Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sure enough, I stand corrected. Dang, now I've got to track down another part for my Jaguar project. Shows up with that same seat in the 1955 catalog as well, not sure why I thought it came with the full crash bar seat. Oh, well.

Cheers, Geoff

Another oddity in the literature. The 1953 Advance lists Royal Rider Whitewall or Blackwall tires and the 1955 Catalog shows Schwinn Monsoon Cords.

I have the original Royal Rider tires for this bike but they're beat. Can't ride them but I'll probably install them for display.

jag seat

most of the ballooner jags cam came with a very rare seat made in ohio,not a troxel though,some jags came with the 2 rail seat but most of the time the 2 rail seat came on a ballooner panther,AJ

most of the ballooner jags cam came with a very rare seat made in ohio,not a troxel though,some jags came with the 2 rail seat but most of the time the 2 rail seat came on a ballooner panther,AJ

What was the brand name of the seat?

Nice Pick

What a score. Nice and complete. Really cool sun faded patina, and the stencils still look good and strong. Lube it and ride it.

My '54 Jaguar has the same seat but different rail.

005-2.jpg

Last edited:
jag seat

i had a original ballooner jag that had the single rail seat,was made in ohio,alira or somthing like that,the jag comes with single rail or double rail,the single rail seat is VERY hard to find,the double rail is the same as balooner panther, AJ,High Jeff!!!!!!

Jaguar seat

Sure enough, I stand corrected. Dang, now I've got to track down another part for my Jaguar project. Shows up with that same seat in the 1955 catalog as well, not sure why I thought it came with the full crash bar seat. Oh, well.

Cheers, Geoff

This is the original seat off (and soon to be back on) my 1955 Jag. Single crash rail Troxel. I am pretty sure this was used in many cases. I'm tracking down some of my literature to find more pics. But I have seen this on others. Putting together my Emerald Green baby again after moving cross country.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Is the seat guard on my '54 correct or not?

After looking at the seat from racoop81 Jaguar, I am wondering if the rail on mine is correct.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 148
If I am not mistaken.

Schwinn was not unlike any other manufacturer 'back in the day' or today...

They would use whatever vendors' parts they had on hand,even if it didnt match the brocure exactly.(Keep the Line Moving)

Remember that was/is Mass Production.

"Avarage Joe" on the production line didnt know or care what is the "correct" seat for a bike.

Bolt it on and move it on down the line.

Back