When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Schwinn Speedster 16" with training wheels

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
C

cstory

just bought this today along with a 70's Varsity. Any info whatsoever would be greatly appreciated- I am new at this! Restoration tips? Value? Any interesting info? Can't find anything on it. Thank you

Attachments

• 0116111839.jpg
    0116111839.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 197
Genius!

While working on this bike last night I was marveling at the fact that it still has the Schwinn Westwind tires on it, I noticed they are 20" tires. I guess you don't measure the rims to get the size! No wonder that bike is so rare!

Hi:

This is almost certainly not a 54, do you have the serial number? The 20" Speedster does not show up until 59. Color appears to be Radiant Green. Is the rear axle a Mark IV? Seat looks like the correct type for 60 and up. Here is the page from the 60 catalog:

http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1951_1960/1960_12.html

Value wise maybe someone else will chime in but these small bikes just don't seem to have much. If I saw it for sale I would have a hard time paying $50 for it and would like to get it for $35. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited:
thats cool looking.. i wouldn't go over a hundred for it though... clean it up knock off the rust oil it and grease it! do anything else and i think you will lose what little value it has....

Thanks for the info

Hi:

This is almost certainly not a 54, do you have the serial number? The 20" Speedster does not show up until 59. Color appears to be Radiant Green. Is the rear axle a Mark IV? Seat looks like the correct type for 60 and up. Here is the page from the 60 catalog:

http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1951_1960/1960_12.html

Value wise maybe someone else will chime in but these small bikes just don't seem to have much. If I saw it for sale I would have a hard time paying $50 for it and would like to get it for $35. But that is just my opinion.

The serial #L945029, is located on the left rear dropout. Not sure of rear hub. While I was cleaning it I saw red paint or primer inside rear dropout where the rear axle sits.

Serial number pegs it as a 11/19/59 build bike. Almost certainly was sold as a 1960 model with this late in the year build date. That would explain the seat also. Usually the brake arm will be marked with what hub it has.

cstory...I have the same year, same colorway 20" Speedster! I just bought it several months ago...
They are not the ballooners...but are cool nonetheless! Cleaner up! Send me your cel# with a quick message if you would like and I can send you some pics!
-BATM!

20" speedster

cstory...I have the same year, same colorway 20" Speedster! I just bought it several months ago...
They are not the ballooners...but are cool nonetheless! Cleaner up! Send me your cel# with a quick message if you would like and I can send you some pics!
-BATM!

Hi, I'd like to see your bike! Thanks, Chris (616) 901-8345

Back