When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Schwinn Streamliner Restoration

-

Uni-Bike Lou

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey Guys, I purchased this 54 Schwinn Streamliner a couple years ago. It was all sandblasted. The rims were still painted, but very rough looking. The bike wasn’t assembled, but sold as parts. Originally I was going to build a Rat Rod, but a couple guys from theCabe (Wes Pinchot and Unicycle Red) sold me some nice Schwinn parts. That made me want to restore to original.

I lost some of the photos I took earlier so the following photos are after I started my restoration.

I chose green because it’s my wife’s favorite color and my mom’s favorite color.

Here are some painted parts.

The rack is a reproduction.

Painted the rims and bought Duro brick white tires.

So for this project has been great. Always learn a tons of stuff on every project.

WOW and WOW!! Looks great.
The headlight looks perfect on your bike!
Steve, (Tuscankid), well actually, I am an Old Fart.
These beautiful vintage/classic bikes bring back the kid in me!

Bike looks great but just wondering why you didn't find a Schwinn rack before painting as that one's not a repo but a generic aftermarket ?, og ones are around for pretty cheap.

Mrg At first I was Going to build a rat rod then decided org. Once the swap meet open up again I’m going to get an original rack.

Back