When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Schwinn Streamliner Restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Uni-Bike Lou

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey Guys, I purchased this 54 Schwinn Streamliner a couple years ago. It was all sandblasted. The rims were still painted, but very rough looking. The bike wasn’t assembled, but sold as parts. Originally I was going to build a Rat Rod, but a couple guys from theCabe (Wes Pinchot and Unicycle Red) sold me some nice Schwinn parts. That made me want to restore to original.

I lost some of the photos I took earlier so the following photos are after I started my restoration.

I chose green because it’s my wife’s favorite color and my mom’s favorite color.

Here are some painted parts.

The rack is a reproduction.

Painted the rims and bought Duro brick white tires.

So for this project has been great. Always learn a tons of stuff on every project.

WOW and WOW!! Looks great.
The headlight looks perfect on your bike!
Steve, (Tuscankid), well actually, I am an Old Fart.
These beautiful vintage/classic bikes bring back the kid in me!

Bike looks great but just wondering why you didn't find a Schwinn rack before painting as that one's not a repo but a generic aftermarket ?, og ones are around for pretty cheap.

Mrg At first I was Going to build a rat rod then decided org. Once the swap meet open up again I’m going to get an original rack.

Back