When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Shelby Airflo,model 52a

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cool ride! I believe the majority of us will tell you to keep it original, including me!

Weird your rims are painted as mine are chrome,so maybe they came with either.Does your fender have a black pinstripe beside the white?It is hard for me to tell.Mine has the white pinstripe that separates the red from the black front but it also has a black pinstripe beside the white which looks to be original also.If possible could you post be a rear pic of that bike so I can see the scheme.Mine almost looks like leaf or flower pedals.Thx=]

Another thing,does your white pin striping look like a child did it?lol I am asking cause it is hard to tell if someone touched my white pin striping up.In some places it does look sloppy and not very straight.thx=]

Yes there is a black stripe that runs alongside the white. The white is hand done and looks like it was added but it is original. The rear fender has what you described..kind of like flower or leaf. I have the bike in the garage under a pile of stuff. I will try to get a pic but it might take a day or so. Really cold. Not liking digging around in the garage in this weather.
Rim is original paint. I have seen them with both paint and chrome. One of the mind twisting things about AMF made Shelbys was the way they used what ever parts that were still available from the original Shelby factory. Even back in the Shelby Cycle Ohio made days you will see parts from the 30's 40's and 50's mixed and matched in all three decades. That's why it is so hard to date Shelbys from those years. For example the Chainring shown in the top photo you posted was used from late 30's thru the 50's. Drive ya mad it will.

Last edited:
58435_10152221098963586_1338548079_n.jpg
1526667_10152202446193586_1608690326_n.jpg
This is the before and after shot.I took the top layer of brushed paint and uncovered this sexy original paint underneath.Now the paint is all original=]

Last edited:
Hello I am looking for the down tube decal.can you send me a better pic of this one ,thank you so much Terry and tammy

Back