When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1955 Black Phantom

-

Rusty72

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
For sale is a 1955 Black Phantom. Paint looks original. Seat was done by Bob U. Price is $1200 shipped. Or $1000 pick up in So Cal.

Do you feel the bike is ALL original to 1955? Pedals look repro. ( not a problem) I have interest. I have bought from Bobby U. in Cal. He can vouch for my rep. I'm "nsuser" on Ebay. ( 100% FB in over 15 years) I am in Canada, and if we can agree on details, ship USPS in two boxes. More pics pls. Happy 4th of July! Cheers...Bob

Some of you guys kill me.....Nashman, you expressed "interest" on the night of the 4th of July ! The very next morning , before 10am, superfan99 says "I'll take it". Not "I have interest". Not " More pics please"". Not a pm saying "please hold for a moment until I can get a better look.". "I'll take it" And, your initial reply even questions whether or not the bike is "completely original to 1955....and my rep blah blah blah". Are you really saying that under the same conditions, and in the same time frame, you wouldn't have done the EXACT same thing ? Really ? He was supposed to hold for you because of your rep on Ebay ? Ridiculous.....Shame on YOU for being a sore loser.....And congratulations to both the buyer and the seller.....It's a beauty at a great price.

Some of you guys kill me.....Nashman, you expressed "interest" on the night of the 4th of July ! The very next morning , before 10am, superfan99 says "I'll take it". Not "I have interest". Not " More pics please"". Not a pm saying "please hold for a moment until I can get a better look.". "I'll take it" And, your initial reply even questions whether or not the bike is "completely original to 1955....and my rep blah blah blah". Are you really saying that under the same conditions, and in the same time frame, you wouldn't have done the EXACT same thing ? Really ? He was supposed to hold for you because of your rep on Ebay ? Ridiculous.....Shame on YOU for being a sore loser.....And congratulations to both the buyer and the seller.....It's a beauty at a great price.

Thanks Famous Dave! You sure told me....lol...!! It wasn't a win/lose contest. Thus I'm not a sore "loser" at all. I'm not even famous. Without some clear verification of the parts and authenticity, my enquiry was just that. Needless to say I didn't get an answer. Personally as a seller, I would have answered the question, and based on that, would have requested a commitment & see if the 1st party was satisfied enough to either buy it, or not, and move on. That's what I'd do as the seller. The dude who bought it obviously isn't concerned about the history, or is satisfied with the description. Good for him. I'm happy for them both. As a 2nd interested party ( the "winner" as you say?) AFTER someone else showed interest, I would ask if a deal was in the works before I'd pull the trigger. That's just me. I'm 60, been doing this hobby and others over 35 years and that's how I operate. Shame on me. Dave, I'm sure you are famous for many reasons. Keep up the good work!

Ok, got it ! Apparently shaming them and claiming the almighty dollar wins - perfectly ok. But shaming you for publicly whining about missing out on the deal - not ok. I must have been confused.....wow

Ok, got it ! Apparently shaming them and claiming the almighty dollar wins - perfectly ok. But shaming you for publicly whining about missing out on the deal - not ok. I must have been confused.....wow
HEY Dave..What are you famous for anyway? Was it a self proclaimed handle? I see you have been REALLY active on the Cabe/a veteran in the hobby, so I will learn from your advice. Public whining...lol...I think not. I tastefully agreed with your points, and pointed out my opinion. If that's "whining", so be it. You obviously have more experience in the hobby and selling transactions and LIFE. I hope to do business with you soon "famous Dave".. Cheers! Bob

Back