When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 BLUE Radiobike Restoration

-
I think GameStop is the Radio Shack of gaming...we have or had one, dunno, not my forte. I fix up computers for internet use and playing media.

Gamestop ain't doing so hot, especially since they had a security breach with customer's credit and debit card info. My brother was affected. Also, their main business is buying your stuff for pennies and re-selling at eBay prices. These gamers are usually not all that gullible - they know well that they can and do sell online on Carigslist, Facebook Marketplace, eBay, etc.

Funny thing is, Radio Shack did well with computers in the 1970's and 1980's. Not sure why they abandoned that line. Remember the old Tandy line??

Last edited:
I still have this!
TI3.JPG

HA! I bought one of those at a barn sale, mint with minty box and packing - the whole nine yards for a $1.00. It reminded me of the Delorean DMC-12 and was even from the same time period. A computer collector bought it off me later for $30. It was a cool conversation piece, and it still worked too. The same dude also bought a Apple IIe from me, complete with all the manuals and boxes, for $350 cash. There is money in that stuff for sure.

I almost have the radio completely repaired. It still had a reception and/or connection issue. It is very quiet unless I hold the yellow wire lead from the antenna. The red one was a lot less trouble to fix. Ironically, the blue one was in an attic, out of the elements, since the 60's! I caught some beautiful music last night before bed.

Does anyone know who the lovely dame coming through the replacement speaker is? Would @2jakes know?

Found what I believe to be the correct size wire, or as close as possible. Wasn't easy. If this coil doesn't work, my next option is a small company outside of the US.

I got the rear wheel back today - she's going for a test drive this evening!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I cannot wait to return home tonight. I have a gently used iPod and a portable AM transmitter waiting for me. I'll be on iTunes tonight, loading up music. I really hope this works, I am very confident it should. These bikes will both be playing rock and roll again - no talk radio!

Here is what I bought! Ideal for classic cars, antique radios, or other situations where the purist wants to play music through a vintage AM-only radio and refuses to alter it in anyway. That would be me! It is powered by 9V batteries or the provided AC adapter.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=132318194119

s-l1600.jpg

Rock and Roll is Here to Stay - INDEED it sure is!

Back