When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Evans-Colson Olympic

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HIGGINSFOREVER

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have been looking high and low for a evanaction springer for my evans-colson,Can any one tell me if the 1965 sears spaceliner is the same.Is the spaceliner a middleweight and has the 26x175 tires or will the 26x2.125 tires work? I have a better chance finding the spaceliner parts then the colson parts.Thanks for any help.

I don't think they are the same. The higgins has a rat trap springer with the spring exposed. I think the Evanaction springer has a round cover over the spring.

Evanaction forks are entirely different than the rat trap springer front forks used on Murray Ohio products in the 1960?s. A Murray fork would be incorrect on an Evans. It might work, but it was designed for a middleweight and even if are able to run a balloon wheel in it, there would probably not be enough room for the fender.

There are two different forks that were produced by Evans as the Evanaction. In 1954 and 1955 Evans used a version of the old (prewar and postwar) Colson Cushioner fork that they had inherited. This version appears to be the same fork as the Colson unit with the exception that the Evans version has decorative covers over the front cushion discs. Evans dropped this fork and replaced it with their own design in 1956 or 1957. This fork was also called the Evanaction, but is completely different in design and principle. This is the fork that has an airplane like casting mounted on the trussrods and a metal shroud over the springer workings

The first version with the decorative covers is very hard to find. If you are looking for this version you could probably substitute a Colson Cushioner fork until you find the exact fork you are looking for. The Colson Cushioner and the second version of the Evanaction fork are both uncommon but they do turn up on eBay occasionally.

Phil

Evans-Colson Cushioner

Thanks for all the help.Your right phil and i do have another colson with the later set up.The 1957 has the two forward pointing springs,but i dont want to steal parts off of it.I guess i will just keep watching e-bay and craigs list.

Back