When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Flying Star Pictures Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hey guys, when you look at the second picture of my bike at the beginning of the thread, you can see a square piece of steel that holds my kickstand on. Is that correct?

Hey guys, when you look at the second picture of my bike at the beginning of the thread, you can see a square piece of steel that holds my kickstand on. Is that correct?

It's correct for the person that put on that piece of flat plate steel. 🤣 I would've rounded off the corners a bit.

Last edited:
It's correct for the person that put on that piece of flat plate steel. 🤣 I would've rounded off the corners a bit.
If you figure out what model it is, it could be on of the bikes that Schwinn built with a “detachable” kick stand.

If you figure out what model it is, it could be on of the bikes that Schwinn built with a “detachable” kick stand.

View attachment 1663812

The stand on his bike has a 3x3 x 1/4"? piece of plate steel for the top clamping. The model was most likely a standard Hornet or the Spitfire. Both had the bolt on stands and the rolled stems. And the feather guard and painted rims.

1658030820575.png

Should have looked closer. The Hornet has a tank, truss rods, and headlamp. But still has a detachable kickstand. I’ve had it disassembled for so long, I’ve forgotten how it was equipped - except for that odd detachable kickstand.

Back