When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1955 Huffy Radiobike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
1955 Huffy Radiobike, ready to ride. This bike has the 2-speed Bendix hub and handlebar shifter; the inside of the radio tank is very clean with all parts intact; the radio currently does not work; the interior tank schematic is perfect; exterior antennae and down tube mount is present; battery cable and plug is good; rear battery box is good with no corrosion, but needs some paint touch-up on the ends where someone did some work?; battery box needs mounting screws(4); Volume and Tuning knobs are good; the radio on/off switch works, but no key; original saddle has some front/side dings; front Delta light is in ruff shape, but its all there, and it works; correct Goodyear Wing Foot tires are in nice rideable shape; original paint is not bad, but not great, I have only cleaned the bike with Flitz, so the paint might get better with some more attention; all graphics and pinstripes are good; original grips are nice; Wald pedals are period correct but maybe not Huffy issued; original wheels were in poor shape and the 2-speed did not work, these wheels are from a 50’s Columbia, an exact match to the Huffy wheels, and you probably would not have known if I did not tell you; the Bendix cable and shifter was replaced with a non-rusted set; cool LABL(Los Angeles Bicycle License) sticker on the seat tube; the chrome on the fork crown is peppered; no major dents or dings in the tank, chain guard, battery box or fenders, everything is nice and straight. The whirl-flector is not included, but available as an add-on for $40.

$1600.00/shipped in the lower 48 via BikeFlights; PayPal friends and family or add 4% for goods and services.

There is some good info online about making batteries for this specific radio and how to get it working.
IMG_8173.JPG
IMG_8148.JPG
IMG_8149.JPG
IMG_8150.JPG
IMG_8151.JPG
IMG_8152.JPG
IMG_8153.JPG
fullsizeoutput_211.jpeg
IMG_8155.JPG
fullsizeoutput_212.jpeg
IMG_8157.JPG
IMG_8158.JPG
IMG_8159.JPG
IMG_8160.JPG
IMG_8161.JPG
IMG_8169.JPG
IMG_8170.JPG
fullsizeoutput_214.jpeg

Last edited:
The best part about this? It was still registered and ridden daily until 1971, 16 years later! Would love to see this in the registry thread.

Bump, and a price drop. I miscalculated when listing the bike, so I am able to drop the price, check it out!

Back