When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 MW Hawthorne DeLuxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Some assembly required. Batteries not included!
Actually one 6 volt lantern battery in the tank powers everything. Sealed beam Delta headlight, brake light, tail light, turn signals, and horn. Turn signals light, but don't flash. Still have to figure that out, and the horn is still a mystery, but the rest works fine. Spent the day degreasing, buffing, polishing, re-greasing everything. Very little Evaporust needed on this one, I'm very fortunate. New tires will be here on Thursday,as well as new "Hawthorne" tank decals, very anxious. Complicated bike, but very nice shape, and a pleasure to work on. I'm 99% sure it's a 55 and made by Snyder. Under the bottom bracket is stamped "55EH". Serial number is on the left dropout: "A146507" if anyone can send me the page from the Montgomery Ward 55 regular catalog or 54 Christmas catalog, I'd be very grateful. Also any tips on getting the turn signals to flash, thanks. Hope you enjoy the project pics!
100_3609.JPG
100_3613.JPG
100_3614.JPG
100_3615.JPG
100_3616.JPG
100_3591.JPG

If you want you can put in flasher bulbs and they will work as long as when the switch is working both right and left turn signals independently . I have gotton two western flyer Supers to work this way .see if the flasher fuse isn't working they will just stay on so my little hard ware store had them in stock so tried and they work great . Hope this helps . Nice bike .

If you want you can put in flasher bulbs and they will work as long as when the switch is working both right and left turn signals independently . I have gotton two western flyer Supers to work this way .see if the flasher fuse isn't working they will just stay on so my little hard ware store had them in stock so tried and they work great . Hope this helps . Nice bike .
Terry, that's great info. They sell a screw in flashlight type bulb that flashes? Please, if possible, post a link or more info on those bulbs. Thanks! Al

Hi Al they are flashlight bulbs . Just have to be good for those big batteries . when they are turned on as they warm up they begin to flash .they can say flasher or blinker same thing

Hi Al they are flashlight bulbs . Just have to be good for those big batteries . when they are turned on as they warm up they begin to flash .they can say flasher or blinker same thing
I'll check my local ACE tomorrow. Local Radio Shack is history. Check Home Depot as well. Great idea, thanks Terry.

Your welcome , you know your good to go when they pull out the flashlight builb display and looks like it did back in the 60s.lol. Yes they are the screw in type

Last edited:
Your welcome , you know your good to go when they pull out the flashlight build display and looks like it did back in the 60s.lol. Yes they are the screw in type
Struck out on line so far. If I say P L E E E Z do you think you could lead me to your local store?? Thanks, Al

Back