When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 or 56 Schwinn Spitfire Hornet?

-

Jeffs Bikes

Look Ma, No Hands!
So I just picked up this hornet from a lady down the street. She says it's a 55 or 56, I was just wondering what year it looks like to you guys? I was thinking a 56? And what type of value does this bicycle have?
20170813_192646_1502666894891.jpg
20170813_192706_1502666870439.jpg

Is that a 20 or 24" Hornet? The numbers on the tank were applied by a previous owner. You'll need the serial number and location to verify the year.

Is that a 20 or 24" Hornet? The numbers on the tank were applied by a previous owner. You'll need the serial number and location to verify the year.
20 inch...------Cowboy
HTF !!! Your Serial Number will be either on the bottom of the crank housing or on the left rear leg near the rear axle...

:cool: I was trying to size it up by using those wheel barrel handles. lol

Okay, missed one- chain guard threw me off- looking for deluxe- but not on a Hornet- You`re right.----Cowboy

I only know because I have the same bike in red and white for my daughter and have been looking for one for my son. I've studied the angles of the frames in many pics lol.

Back