When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Schwinn Corvette Chain Guard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

geodehunter

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Does anybody know if the chain guard that came off of a 1954 girls Corvette will fit a 1955 boy's Corvette. More or less are they the same size? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

There shouldn't be any difference between boy and girl Corvette chain guards from 1954-57, on 26" frames; They're all opal colors, share the exact same Screen print and size.

https://bikehistory.org/bikes/corvette/

The exception of different chain guards are in the lower size 24" frames where Schwinn incorporated their juvenile guard which is a standard from the 40's .

Does anybody know if the chain guard that came off of a 1954 girls Corvette will fit a 1955 boy's Corvette. More or less are they the same size? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

The only difference between the girls and boys chainguard is where the back bracket is riveted on. The bracket is the same, but the location is about 1/2" forward on the girls guard. Here is a better one I put on my 56 Corvette from a girls bike. I used one of the fender rivit screws to put it back on. Hope this helps, good luck Joe.
IMG_20190118_162502.jpg

Last edited:
54 and 55 boys and girls are the same,they both had the cable clamp on top of the chain guard and the reat rivit is father forward,in 56 forward the rivit is at the very rear edge of the guard,the 54/55 guard came from the 54 world,as did some of the other parts,there are a number of parts on the first 2 years corvettes than the later ones,there is a big thread on this very subject on the cabe,and dont start with the serial number vs the year when the bike was avail for sale ! thank you!

Thanks for the help guy's it's greatly appreciated. I think I may have found a replacement guard but needed to know that information.

Back