When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Schwinn Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Okay.....I see....newbe that I am. Rear hub....not drop out! Sorry! Here's a shot of the rear hub.....3 56. So is this a '56?

IMG_1038 (2).JPG

Well there you have it! Your Corvette was built in 1956 with a late 1955 stamped serial number. The hub was made in March of 1956 so the finished bike was actually built some time later.

Nice bike! You have the first generation Weinmann brake levers on yours, and I wasn't sure they were still using them in 1956. Your Corvette proves they were still using them on at least some bikes.

Well chopper welcome to the Medicare Club, I got my card in October lol. Nice score on that lady and looks to be in decent shape. Clean her up and ride it.

Here's a picture of how to route the shifter cable to get it off the chainguard
View attachment 1304907

I have a question for the experts. On these early middleweight bikes is it correct for the rear fender braces to be inside the frame?
I guess you could attach them either way, but I always put them on the outside just for extra clearance, and to match the front. You never see the front fender braces on the inside of the fork.

Welcome to TheCabe and the card carrying Medicare bunch. I got mine last December. Nice Corvette too!! Ride on :)

Back