When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 schwinn What color blue is this ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Glenn Rhein

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have a rack , chain guard and light in this medium to light blue color underneath the repaint
does anyone know the name of this color ?
43163F91-0F77-4780-898A-8E8E8568D4E6.jpeg

Here's a picture of a page from the 1955 Schwinn catalog. What color do think it is?

Maybe the light blue from a two tone blue Deluxe Hornet? Otherwise I’ve always known that sort of blue as “powder blue” , “sky blue”, or as stated above “robins egg blue”.
Edit: maybe from a women’s bike?

Here's a picture, albeit not very direct, of the powder blue that is on a 1957 Starlet. Look at the head tube where the badge kept the sun off the blue paint.

Here's a picture of the same bicycle showing where the Powder Blue is on the chain guard. This picture is taken in the sun rather than in artificial light as is the first picture.

Pay no attention to the rack, it was a last minute attempt to paint it. (it's not even a Schwinn rack but I had it and we were going on a ride and needed a rack to carry a small beverage cooler.)

Here's the color scheme for a 55 era Starlet in Summer Cloud White and Powder Blue.

1579407052695.png

Look similar to what you have? (Not my bike; a picture from Google images)

Back