When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Zundapp

-

videoranger

Wore out three sets of tires already!

My new toy. I'll be coming after all the local Hummers and Whizzers!

Oooooooo..... I looked at a 600 Zundapp a few years ago. The appalling difficulties with getting spares in the pre-internet days killed that idea.

so I bought a nice clean 250 BMW, a lovely little cruiser that my girlfriend used to fall asleep on the pillion of during long rides.

and couldn’t find parts for that either!

nice ride!

Last edited:

my first motorcycle was a James with a Villers engine much like this one but without bags. I saw it in a garage on my paper route when I was about 12 and told the guy that lived there how cool I thought it was. He asked if I wanted to buy it and sold it to me for $5. It had a broken rear axle and didn't run. A friend of my mom had a machinist make an axle, but by the time that was done I had taken the bike apart and it never got back together. I always missed that bike and the 1955 Zundapp kinda takes me back to that time. Now I'm no longer an idiot and know alot more about working on stuff. 58 years later It sure is more fun working on machines that don't end up in milk crates. The love lasts forever.

Last edited:
Back