When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 20” SCHWINN AMERICAN U74725 help right now..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jimsbeercans

Finally riding a big boys bike
Have more questions than answers! Picked this up at a yard sale. Trying to figure out what is right or changed.
The catalogs have it listed with no pictures. Does anyone have info on this?? pics of theirs?

A couple of my questions….Look at the seat and sissy bar..Laid back but not square off as the Stingrays in early years.
Is this a banana seat bicycle or was it added later?? not marked.
I stuck a later goose neck in it for these pics. The old wedge is still in there so kept it from going down. Will fix that first and the blown out tube.
Super wide handle bars..full knurl with no dates, again later add ones??
They said ALL original but don’t put much faith into the sellers.
condition is fair but seen what people can do to restore a bike!!
Have to hide it from the wife until the right time to say it.

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

Have more questions than answers! Picked this up at a yard sale. Trying to figure out what is right or changed.
The catalogs have it listed with no pictures. Does anyone have info on this?? pics of theirs?

A couple of my questions….Look at the seat and sissy bar..Laid back but not square off as the Stingrays in early years.
I stuck a later goose neck in it for these pics. The old wedge is still in there so kept it from going down. Will fix that first and the blown out tube.

View attachment 1085036

View attachment 1085037

View attachment 1085039

View attachment 1085040
First time I seen one of those that's sweet [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

View attachment 1085036

View attachment 1085037

View attachment 1085039

View attachment 1085040
Where is the serial number stamp?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I know the stem is incorrect. I bought it without one and just installed it for the pics. Going to dig the wedge out Sunday. Or at least try. Hopeing others have pics on the right stem and the seat. May not go that route but at least give me more stuff to look for!

Chain ring is wrong too, should be a Schwinn clover leaf. Finley's catalog reference show a 1956 24" American, model F24. The 26" is pictured but the 24" is referenced.
1954-schwinn-american-vintage-24-inch_1_098d6eb4fdf56719e6872cbef0deadc3.jpg

Chain ring is wrong too, should be a Schwinn clover leaf. Finley's catalog reference show a 1956 24" American, model F24. The 26" is pictured but the 24" is referenced.
View attachment 1085318
My bad. Don't know what I read but whatever is was it was wrong. In this post I referenced a 24" bike not the 20" bike pictured. As stated later, the chain ring is correct fo a 20" bike. The model number for a 20" bike is F34c. Sorry. Next time I'll make sure that I'm awake before responding. Sorry

Back