When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 20” SCHWINN AMERICAN U74725 help right now..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is a pic of what I got yesterday. Working on the bars now, I had a set from a 50's Spitfire 20" that will look decent.
I would not expect that stem on your bike b/c yours would be more special than average models, DX or strait bar verities. . Moreover prob be the same stem on the 24 and 26 middleweights in mid 50's Whereas that short stem is usually on cheapest model.

This is on 55 24" vet which I spect on yours too (photo below) and just happens to be one on ebay wit more photos, plus seller is claiming it off a 20" 56
Schwinn. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=254347508452

p5270284-jpg.jpg

ebay seller photos below:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of what I got yesterday. Working on the bars now, I had a set from a 50's Spitfire 20" that will look decent.
Looks just like the stems on the 20 inch bikes which I posted in #19. Good job. I'd never seen one like it till you posted pictures of yours and I looked at the pictures again.

I do have that "thin neck stem" like that in Jeff54 pics. Kind of looks out of place because mine is really shiney and nothing on the bike is. Just looks out of place. Still doing my detective work. Thanks so far..been fun on my part.

I do have that "thin neck stem" like that in Jeff54 pics. Kind of looks out of place because mine is really shiney and nothing on the bike is. Just looks out of place. Still doing my detective work. Thanks so far..been fun on my part.
Whelp, just look how nice your chain ring is! And apparently u not know why Schwinn chrome is highly regarded. Your rims are going to clean up pretty well too. Except there's always an area on each rim that will have little deeper rust pitting. Those will have been from sitting in one place for all those years, dust and moisture acclimated there. Front rim usually the worst as rear gets some grease and oil that helped preserve. NO STEEL WOOL! Aluminum foil wit a bit of water and elbow grease, works unbelievably well. Cept it'll stain you hands as it begins working when moisture gets dark while scrubbing. Brass berry good and chrome polish.

And when you get that Opalescent blue ( Candy coated) to shine again, especially that chain guard that's in incredible, (B/C they are usually beat and nicked up from heals of shoe), condition. Your original stem will blend in perfectly [wink]

Last edited:
Jimsbeercans,

I am trying to put together a 63 stingray and those bars and seat and sissy bar are just right. Are you interested in selling them?
Joe

Boy, your very cool American and my '56 Spitfire are likely just days apart. Mine is in pics, U75135. Still the way I acquired it, so far.

20191101_165622.jpg

20191124_130531.jpg

My daughter gave birth yesterday 1/25 but I was at the bike show in Indy 3 hours away. She said "go" so I went..
Anyway, my head is not in the game this week so won't snswer you exactly either way. PM me later. Offers etc.

Back