When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 20” SCHWINN AMERICAN U74725 help right now..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think everybody agrees with the fact seat, bars and of course the stem are wrong. No pics of others so far to compare to. Going to just clean it up..not restore, just leave patina alone. minus all the spider eggs under the fenders!!
thanks for all the comments.

I think everybody agrees with the fact seat, bars and of course the stem are wrong. No pics of others so far to compare to. Going to just clean it up..not restore, just leave patina alone. minus all the spider eggs under the fenders!!
Super rare in my opinion so just enjoy

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Pretty rare bike. Guessing made more rare B/C kids like me would have bent the rear stays to fit S2's, converted em into a Sting ray. not that I get out as much as some do, but never seen a 20-incher middle weight frame of this period; mid 50's too. I think your chain guard, although typical Jr model for this period but, would be to small for a 24". Guessing but the original seat is prob the same as 24 has. . Pretty danged nice find for original paint from yard sale whether missing a few parts or not.

I'd be very careful cleaning pin stripes and decal or any screen printed name on chain guard , B/C the white use on stripes and screen printing usually dried poorly or just crappy paint and can flake off with little to no effort which you won't notice as much until dried. (been there, done that) Moreover, I wouldn't even touch the pin stripes or screen print with cleaners and or wipe it when wet. White fender tips are not the same type of crappy paint ;Beware.

Last edited:
Have more questions than answers! Picked this up at a yard sale. Trying to figure out what is right or changed.
The catalogs have it listed with no pictures. Does anyone have info on this?? pics of theirs?

A couple of my questions….Look at the seat and sissy bar..Laid back but not square off as the Stingrays in early years.
Is this a banana seat bicycle or was it added later?? not marked.
I stuck a later goose neck in it for these pics. The old wedge is still in there so kept it from going down. Will fix that first and the blown out tube.
Super wide handle bars..full knurl with no dates, again later add ones??
They said ALL original but don’t put much faith into the sellers.
condition is fair but seen what people can do to restore a bike!!
Have to hide it from the wife until the right time to say it.

View attachment 1085036

View attachment 1085037

View attachment 1085039

View attachment 1085040
I would definitely do a light cleaning and hang it without the seat and handlebars a awesome conversation piece [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Yesterday got a phone call from the seller. I left my phone number but said if you find the other stuff give me a call.
Well, They found the goose neck so picked it up last night. It has just one bolt that clamps it down to the handle bars AND tightens it up in the forks. Strange to me but I've seen these on other 20" bikes from the 50's.

Fixed the tire and the handle bar wedge came right out..surprised as I thought it would be a fight. Stains on the seat came out with a damp cloth. Haven't done much cleaning so thanks for the tips.

Back