When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's weird is Schwinn must have changed their mind. Under accessories on the 57 and 58 list it says Cycelock $3.95

What's weird is Schwinn must have changed their mind. Under accessories on the 57 and 58 list it says Cycelock $3.95
frames were made b4 build date,the newer style,hew stylr fork works with the tab but it just doesn use it

1957 Schwinn phantom with locking fork. But repo tank...doh!

Screenshot_20200918-142725.png

Screenshot_20200918-142742.png

As far as I know, ALL frames tell whenever they stopped offering the lock have that tab! Any frame that you could upgrade with a locker has that dumb tab... You just need the locking tube and a cup and you are set.. easy freaking peaseeeey... find a roached locking springer that’s the same as yours, pull off the other junk, paint it black and bammmmn! You in business, then have Wes cut ya a key.. or sometimes he actually has the legit schwinn ones... (that’s a freebie Wes, no need to pay me for the plug!)

Always learning.....I thought on all 57 Phantoms the pivot bolt went through the fork and not behind it.

Always learning.....I thought on all 57 Phantoms the pivot bolt went through the fork and not behind it.

If it's a locking springer no matter the year, it'll have the rear pivot bolt. The Phantom came standard with the locking springer until 1955. Then it was an option at extra cost and the standard springer was the new bolt threw fork leg style.

If it's a locking springer no matter the year, it'll have the rear pivot bolt. The Phantom came standard with the locking springer until 1955. Then it was an option at extra cost and the standard springer was the new bolt threw fork leg style.
What was the last year Phantom you could get the locking fork as an option?

What was the last year Phantom you could get the locking fork as an option?

1955 for sure. After reading these lists saying the cycelock was not available and then available the next year, I'm dumbfounded. No mention of a locking fork option for 1959 that I have seen.

Back