When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Schwinn Jaguar Bicycle

-
. Well that doesn’t explain the chain guard decal with just Schwinn jaguar on it. It doesn’t say Mark II Jaguar.
The one in the picture you sent me in the article says Mark II......Maybe that was what they came up with for a year when the Balloon Jag was no longer being made and they were holding off on formally introducing the Jag until August 56 as a 57 Mark II for Christmas. I don't have all the answers.

The one in the picture you sent me in the article says Mark II......Maybe that was what they came up with for a year when the Balloon Jag was no longer being made and they were holding off on formally introducing the Jag until August 56 as a 57 Mark II for Christmas. I don't have all the answers.

The ones with Mark II were obviously intended for the new 1957 models. The new 54 Corvettes and Tigers were on the streets in June 54 but the only ads that I've seen were for Christmas 54. And they had different seats. No telling if the very first batch of Jags wearing that Schwinn Jaguar decal was market test but a August dated hub would indicate fairly early sales release. It should be on an updated 1956 price sheet though. Still looking for one of those!

I guess bottom line for me is, if the one I sent that was on Craig's is a '56, seems it's "rare"? or just an odd early '57?

I guess bottom line for me is, if the one I sent that was on Craig's is a '56, seems it's "rare"? or just an odd early '57?

That one has the regular Mark II Jaguar decal that was partially gone, and no serial number or hub date was posted. Just a sellers claim that it's a 1956. Nothing special really.

Picture of serial #
I asked if he had any original pictures of
The bike.. esp the chainguard.. He said orig color was green ..

Back