When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Schwinn Red Phantom - $1,100

-
Price
Zipcode

PLERR

Finally riding a big boys bike
1956 Schwinn Red Phantom - $1,200 - S/N N53082 - NOW $1,100

>>> FREE DELIVERY TO MEMORY LANE!!! <<<

I've decided to part ways with my '56 Red Phantom.

To be clear I'm a novice regarding Schwinns of this era. Most of you know far more than I. If I overlook something it's not intentional.

I know that the grips and pedals are not original and that the guard is incorrectly installed. Also, there is an area of house paint on the top tube. I put pressure on it with my fingernail and it flaked right off. A couple small areas (runs) may require a little more elbow grease, but it seems like a pretty thin coating. Headlight and horn are untested. Overall it's a very straight and complete bike.

Right now it's local pick-up or delivery to Bicycle Heaven later this month. I may be going to Memory Lane in Sep, but not sure. Selling this to someone who will be there would get me to go. I may ship, but saving that as a last resort.

More detail pics to come, but I just wanted to get this listed today.

All questions and pic requests happily accommodated. Just let me know.

E=-)

Last edited:
Is 1957 the 1st yr for this style front springer? This candy red is a hard color to find in super nice condition to. GLWYS

A note about pick-up/delivery/shipping:

Pick-up is a no-brainer. Stop by anytime.

I'll be at Bicycle Heaven in Pittsburgh, PA later this month. I can meet there either day.

I'd be happy to meet anyone in a 90 minute radius from the intersection of interstates 79 & 80. Maybe a bit longer if I can turn the delivery into a day trip.

I may be at Memory Lane. If delivery to the show was a must for someone I'd make the drive.

I'm reluctant to ship, but will as a last resort. I have the boxes and packing material. I've been buying and selling on eBay for 20 years so I know how to pack an item well, I've just never packed a bike.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One more note on condition:

I just realized that when you pedal nothing is making contact in the rear hub, it just spins, so the rear hub will need to be rebuilt.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Price:

I'm feeling good about the price, but if the bike interests you let's talk. Never hurts to ask and worst I can do is say no.

E=-)

Back