When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Schwinn starlet just picked up

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1937Zenith

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just picked this up from a Chicago suburb looks to be in pretty good shape! The bike has s-2s front and back and was wondering if that was factory for the Starlets? Also the head badge is bf Goodrich but the tank says Schwinn does anyone know if that’s normal? I’ve seen where they will say bf Goodrich on tank and headbadge or Schwinn on both but never the mix personally. Any help would be much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing how clean I can get this thing! Now have a pretty nice set for my wife and I to cruise around

90944DEF-61A1-4EC9-B1E1-CA9835F6605E.jpeg

F56716A3-C614-4887-A49E-80BEB2F140A8.jpeg

F4133D91-DED1-479C-B9A2-1BEB7F54FA08.jpeg

7B8563EB-C70C-4A9D-9E97-0FE69D7C9328.jpeg

7563CC8B-4911-4470-B846-C58DF7821428.jpeg

Just picked this up from a Chicago suburb looks to be in pretty good shape! The bike has s-2s front and back and was wondering if that was factory for the Starlets? Also the head badge is bf Goodrich but the tank says Schwinn does anyone know if that’s normal? I’ve seen where they will say bf Goodrich on tank and headbadge or Schwinn on both but never the mix personally. Any help would be much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing how clean I can get this thing! Now have a pretty nice set for my wife and I to cruise around

View attachment 1661542

View attachment 1661543

View attachment 1661544

View attachment 1661546

View attachment 1661547
It looks like it's Opalescent Dark Blue, (Candy-coated paint.) Of the hardest and probably most favored color on many, especially a Ballooner. :)

It looks like it's Opalescent Dark Blue, (Candy-coated paint.) Of the hardest and probably most favored color on many, especially a Ballooner. :)
Thank you for the info! Yes it definitely has the candy paint which I did not realize was an option so that’s really cool to know. I kept looking for signs of a repaint before I bought it but after looking it over it looked all original. Only thing wrong on the bike that I can tell is the tires

1957 was the first year that the Starlet was produced as a middleweight. F series frame and S7 rims and tires.

Picture of my 58 Starlet - painted in my wife's choice of colors - it just looks a little smaller than yours.

IMG_20220527_163543314.jpg

Last edited:
Back