When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 Whizzer special? 700 series

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

prewarmachine

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just brought this home last night, thought I'd share. 1956 frame with brazed brake strap, meant for bolt on kick stand, no dimples, factory cut out fender. Not sure if this was always meant to be a whizzer or a shop just put an old engine kit on this bike.

Engine looks either restored or immaculate original. 701361 serial if I remember right.

Any info someone can share about these would be very much appreciated!

20180228_170217.jpg

20180228_170359.jpg

20180228_170409.jpg

Just brought this home last night, thought I'd share. 1956 frame with brazed brake strap, meant for bolt on kick stand, no dimples, factory cut out fender. Not sure if this was always meant to be a whizzer or a shop just put an old engine kit on this bike.

Engine looks either restored or immaculate original. 701361 serial if I remember right.

Any info someone can share about these would be very much appreciated!

somebody was restoring b/c fender brackets weren't painted.

The tank and fender unfortunately were repainted. They welded and smoothed the fender rivet holes too which I'm not a fan of. Engine hasn't been touched in years. Valves move fine, last owner rebuilt the carb. Hope it's all good to go!
The frame gets me. It doesn't have the dimples in the rear frame section for belt clearance, but has the extended brake arm and it never had the brazed on kick stand.

The tank and fender unfortunately were repainted. They welded and smoothed the fender rivet holes too which I'm not a fan of. Engine hasn't been touched in years. Valves move fine, last owner rebuilt the carb. Hope it's all good to go!
The frame gets me. It doesn't have the dimples in the rear frame section for belt clearance, but has the extended brake arm and it never had the brazed on kick stand.

Maybe that's why the 'restoration' with that frame ended.

Frame seems to have spent its whole life with the tank and motor mounts on it by the near perfect paint where those were.
I've seen with Schwinn that the weld on kickstand started in 1946, but that's not to say all would have that I suppose. By 1956 I would think they should all be weld on though. Not sure what to think of this one haha

I don't see the bar that goes from the bracket welded to the frame and is bolted to the coaster break arm. Joe Carola and Memory Lane sell these. No seat?

Last edited:
Joe Carola can dimple frames.

Back