When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 Corvette and mystery fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

StoneWoods

Finally riding a big boys bike
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I did some trading on Craigslist and ended up with this. My question is, Is the headlight the original light? It has the black plastic switch on top and it takes 2 D cells. The fork looks like a postwar Schwinn 26" ballooner fork, but it has holes for the axles instead of slots. What's it from?

The fork looks like a regular 1955+ middleweight fork. Never seen a middleweight fork with closed dropouts. Got a picture?
Judging from that one picture, I'd say the light is not correct. Looks larger and shaped different than the issued piece.

image.jpeg
The fork looks like a regular 1955+ middleweight fork. Never seen a middleweight fork with closed dropouts. Got a picture?
Judging from that one picture, I'd say the light is not correct. Looks larger and shaped different than the issued piece.

Ahhh, there's the fork you're talking about. The light looks 60's style.

I've never seen that American Flyer badge before on a Vette, interesting. Or that light, or reflector- original or from the local bike shop? Have seen many different styles of the ball light, on all original bikes, not sure why there were so many varieties...And the fork on the Vette looks bent.
Darcie

Back