When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 schwinn black phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tomsjack

I live for the CABE
1957 schwinn black phantom On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165553846972?

s-l500.jpg

1957 schwinn black phantom

tnj4p1myre1mpff12w4j1llndmc.png
3 watched in last 24 hours​

Condition: UsedUsed

Price: US $1,650.00

5 watchers

Pickup: Free local pickup from Huntington Beach, California, United States.
Returns: Seller does not accept returns
1656934009806.png

1656934028234.png

1656934047728.png
1656934071056.png
1656934086046.png

Seller information​

lime64-2008 (257)
100% Positive feedback

Not mine; HB though...
follow link above.🙂

With that BIN price, the seller should have had a Make Offer in his listing.

Opps Yup but nope, the springer fork is NOT a 57.

Yet that's a nice butt looking 41 Chevy Deluxe hiding back there. .

Opps Yup but nope, the springer fork is NOT a 57.

Yet that's a nice butt looking 41 Chevy Deluxe hiding back there. .

Nope but Yup. When a customer or Dealer ordered a 1955-1959 Phantom there was an option for the rear carrier light/four hole and a locking springer fork. These were Standard items on previous years, but Schwinn made them optional at extra cost in 1955. Sooooo, that fork is totally correct for a 1957 because they only made the locking springer with the pivot bolt behind the fork legs.

Nope but Yup. When a customer or Dealer ordered a 1955-1959 Phantom there was an option for the rear carrier light/four hole and a locking springer fork. These were Standard items on previous years, but Schwinn made them optional at extra cost in 1955. Sooooo, that fork is totally correct for a 1957 because they only made the locking springer with the pivot bolt behind the fork legs.
Yeah right. options are always possible yet it's not simply a fork exchange it's also front fender change too. Otherwise, by 57 and the catalogs, that old fork and old front fender is Not a 57 and obsolete!

Additionally for all U or anybody knows, the original fender was trash and b/c they are so hard to replace, owner stuck in the easy-to-get fender and fork from older bike. Both, old style fender and springer fork plus, the repop are way, way! easier to get than an original 55-59

Last edited:
Yeah right. options are always possible yet it's not simply a fork exchange it's also front fender change too. Otherwise, by 57 and the catalogs, that old fork and old front fender is Not a 57 and obsolete!

Additionally for all U or anybody knows, the original fender was trash and b/c they are so hard to replace, owner stuck in the easy-to-get fender and fork from older bike. Both, old style fender and springer fork plus, the repop are way, way! easier to get than an original 55-59

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

If those are repop fenders, I need to contact that guy to age some for me. :)
LOL! Who said they are repop, not me. They do not appear to be for the tone in the chrome, rather; they look like pre-1955 which Schwinn calls in parts books: 'Old Style' there's a lot more old style fenders and forks around.

An original 1955 through 1959 springer and fork and front fender, parts book calls em 'New Style' They are tough to find. And, by 1957 the head post tube would not require the little nub attached inside it for locking fork too. "Obsolete".

Last edited:
LOL! Who said they are repop, not me. They do not appear to be for the tone in the chrome, rather; they look like pre-1955 which Schwinn calls in parts books: 'Old Style'

An original 1955 through 1959 springer and fork, parts book calls em 'New Style' And, by 1957 the head post tube would not require the little nub attached inside it for locking fork too. "Obsolete".
OK, but your sentences do appear to somewhat contradict themselves. First you say they could've taken an old fender/fork combo, then you say that the repops are easier to find. I understand why GTS is confused :).

Back