When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 Schwinn Chicago Restore

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cebarr7

On Training Wheels
Looking for parts, advice, and discussion.

image.jpeg

I hate to break the news, but that is definitely not a 1957 frame going off the decals, stem and a non Chicago Schwinn frame build. More like a TOC frame, turn of the Century, the last Century. I would assume the Chicago parts will still work though.

I hate to break the news, but that is definitely not a 1957 frame going off the decals, stem and a non Chicago Schwinn frame build. More like a TOC frame, turn of the Century, the last Century. I would assume the Chicago parts will still work though.
That was my initial thought as well, however, I ran the numbers in the data base at schwinncruisers.com.

That was my initial thought as well, however, I ran the numbers in the data base at schwinncruisers.com.

Schwinncruisers SN lookup is slightly flawed, still. What is the SN and where is it located. A 57 number would be on the left rear dropout, where the axle slot is.

Schwinncruisers SN lookup is slightly flawed, still. What is the SN and where is it located. A 57 number would be on the left rear dropout, where the axle slot is.
I didn't see anything on rear drop. SN # TI41203825

image.jpeg

I'm surprised schwinncruisers.com came up with the year 57. No numbers that big by Chicago Schwinn, only Taiwan Schwinn. You might be able to pinpoint the year of build if you can find the four digit number that is usually stamped into the head badge.

I'm surprised schwinncruisers.com came up with the year 57. No numbers that big by Chicago Schwinn, only Taiwan Schwinn. You might be able to pinpoint the year of build if you can find the four digit number that is usually stamped into the head badge.
Thank you for the quick Identification folks! We picked this up on our way home from the farmers market for ten bucks. Im surprised schwinncruisers.com returned 57' on the the digits too! I may just turn it into a cruiser for one of us then.

Back