When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1957 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet - Pickup only....Price Drop

-
Price
Zipcode

Rayzur

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is a really nice Schwinn survivor, Made in Chicago on Jan. 18th of 1957.....Serial No. B 53848
This was found hanging in Grandpa's basement recently, He and the kids rode it for years and then it sat untouched for many more years.
It looks to be pretty much original ...I'm not an expert, so if someone see's something NOT original, please let us know .
The rear tire is a Schwinn Tractor and the front tire is a Schwinn Westwind (cracking in the tread) they hold air and are rideable .
The wheels have the usual dents and some pitting...I used 0000 steel wool on all of the chrome parts and they cleaned up quite well.
I tried to take pics of the pitting that wouldn't clean up on the front wheel. They look really good for being 64 yrs old !
The inside of the horn tanks look almost new ! The inside of the light housing has a little rust ....Both the horn and the light work !
I took it for a little ride and it rides and stops Great !
It's ready to enjoy and ride as is with the great
patina or restore it to it's original beauty !

Selling Locally ....pickup only ....no Shipping, Sorry

IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4892.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4889.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

Last edited:
Later Phantom/cycle truck plastic/rubber ( Messinger ? ) seat is a great upgrade, that's what I run on my Hornet Deluxe!, much better than those funky og middleweight seat', great looking bike and doesn't look like the red faded to orange as much as mine.

Last edited:
That seat is the Schwinn Approved 7000 and it was an option on many of the models over the years including 1957. Also seen in Black.
Ahh....Thank you for the info ...So this could very well be the ORIGINAL seat that came with this bike .

Back