When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
This bike has been upgraded substantially from original. I don't think 57 came with built in kickstands. Either way it will be a nice bike for someone.

Sorry for clogging up your thread, was just trying to clarify model changes ( guess there could be a whole new thread on this ), my 57 & 58 Deluxe's have built in stands but the catalogs aren't clear so who knows, your springer is not Schwinn so who knows what went on. GLWS

Last edited:
Sorry for clogging up your thread, was just trying to clarify model changes ( guess there could be a whole new thread on this ), my 57 & 58 Deluxe's have built in stands but the catalogs aren't clear so who knows, your springer is not Schwinn so who knows what went on. GLWS
That fork looks like a Schwinn Springer to me

Sorry, not usa vintage Schwinn springer, the legs are different but the biggest giveaway is the chrome spring holder, shaped completely different than OG Schwinn. GLWS

The 54 and earlier Hornets were just Hornets and would be classified as a deluxe model and they had the built in. Starting 1955 they had the two versions of the Hornet and they had the detachable. In 1957 both were middleweights.
I have a 54 Hornet ..no build in kickstand

It came with an original springer that makes it a deluxe i saw no evidence of a kickstand removed from it. Are you interested in buying it mrg?
That's not an original springer nor can be sure it's Schwinn too. Albeit it's a good looking resto-mod up grade. Kudos for that. 😉

Photo not clear enough for me to see if spring crown is oval-round but looks slightly square regardless, the fork legs are definitely not from the 50's or even 80's. At best; the fork legs are from the 90's China Springers. Why? the top, flat area where bolts go, is way too long which happened in the 90's. I Own a 55 flat bar Deluxe Hornet, it has added kick stand. Also 55 Black Phantom, welded kick stand and both have Schwinn's 1955 'New Style' Springers and multiple 90's Deluxe ( repops of the 'New style' springer but longer flat area on fork legs but like older, with Oval-round springer crown)

Never seen a black and ivory deluxe Hornet, did they make one? B/C Deluxe are two tone colors. Green/turquoise-blue. Blue/light blue, red/black etc. Special 'Deluxe' two tone while black and ivory would be ordinary or standard. .

Moreover, if that Springer was originally black then; with what appears to be simi square springer crown and long flat leg tops (Can spot em a mile away) it came off of the 2015 Schwinn Deluxe 7. B/C this is around the time China Schwinn started making the springer spring crown simi square and hard to even tell if Schwinn or just any old aftermarket copy. I mean, so hard that, I doubt anybody can tell the difference between aftermarket and what China did to them around 2015. https://bikerumor.com/schwinn-prepares-for-120th-anniversary-with-new-bikes-for-2015/

Schwinn-Bikes-2015-4.jpg

Last edited:
Back