When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 Schwinn Phantom code B58767

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It is definitely either a phantom or a B6. Really the only differences are chrome fenders on the phantom, painted on the b6,
Both had different paint schemes and the seats were different. This bike has a phantom seat. Does not necessarily mean it's a phantom, as it could have been changed at some point.
It's hard to tell what's going on there with so many layers of paint, but the red and white does not look like the original paint to me.
I see some green in there, is it possible that might be the original paint? It's hard to tell from the pics. The combination of green paint, green grips and phantom seat makes me think it could be a green phantom.
Looks like it's all there so it's a good starting point for a project.

Edit: I thought that looked like a schwinn grip when I was looking at it on my phone. Now that I'm looking at it on the computer, it looks like it may not be a schwinn grip.

Hi jay
I actually got down to the base color by the front sprocket. The base is a darker green. The grips are not original but at least now I have a starting point
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the color combos for this year bike. I just bought one that has been repainted a couple of times over the years. As I get down to the base coats the two colors are white and red. Was these colors an option in 1957?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah man, the white and red was the most popular and it is what most of the restored ones are today.

Green and cream/white was probably the most prevalent color combo on these. V/r Shawn

Bike deserves a proper and full on correct restoration.

Start spending major bucks now!

I have an original restored S-2 wheel set for you---------300.00
An early Jim Bailey restored saddle------------350.00
An NOS original Schwinn Delta Taillight-----------350.00
NOS MINT unused White Wall USA Typhoon tires------300.00

You'll be well on your way with only a few more thousand to spend to give the bike the treatment it deserves!

Good luck with the project!

Back