When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 1960 Raleigh Robin Hood Sports 26" Three Speed 3 English Racer Touring Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Picked this one up recently. Should clean up rather nicely. I noticed the upside-down window SA trigger. One pedal was changed. Looks all original otherwise. Sturmey Archer hub is dated 11- 59.

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

Fantastic decals on that beauty! And the mint green pinstripes! And the RIN (Raleigh Industry Nottingham) chainwheel! Nice find! Much better than the later model Robin Hoods which were more budget oriented.

-----

the yellow/brown spiral overlay for the cable casing is something which was popular around this time

bike shops had a display of it out on the counter; offered in an assortment of colours

have not previously seen the yellow/brown combination; more commonly encountered as white with one other colour...

-----

Hi Joe. Nice grab, that is a nice bike. I bought a 1961 Raleigh that rivals yours as far as dirt and gtime is concerned. I’m gonna wash multiple times with Dawn detergent before trying to get oxidation off the paint job. Being that I am new at this, you got any suggestions for restoring/polishing the paint without harming the decals? I appreciate any insight you can provide, thanks.

Hi Joe. Nice grab, that is a nice bike. I bought a 1961 Raleigh that rivals yours as far as dirt and gtime is concerned. I’m gonna wash multiple times with Dawn detergent before trying to get oxidation off the paint job. Being that I am new at this, you got any suggestions for restoring/polishing the paint without harming the decals? I appreciate any insight you can provide, thanks.

-----

@HARPO

-----

Muji, you are on the right track. Mild detergents (like Dawn), quality automotive polishes and carnauba waxes are what I use. Be very careful around decals. Use microfiber or soft terry cloth even a soft bristle tooth brush for hard to reach areas.

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the reply and the tips. Best of luck with yours, she’s a beauty! Thanks, Muji

Back