When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1959, 26", Schwinn Hornet

-
Price
$450.00
Zipcode

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
For Sale: 1959, 26", Schwinn Hornet.
Original, original paint Schwinn (vibrant red). Paint shows off well, white fender tips have been touched up at one time. Front rack was replaced with period fender light. The S7's are in very nice condition, but tires will need to be replaced. Pedals have been replaced with newer reflector pedals. Nice Middleweight for a middleweight collector. As always, more pics available on request.
$450.00 + Shipping, So. E. Kansas. 1-620-820-9339. Thanks, Chris.

How late is the serial number? Looks like this beauty has the updated/revised 59 chain guard without the welded on wire support.

'61 style stem, and looks like the smaller/thinner head badge. I'm curious on the serial number as well.
Beautiful bike. GLWTS.

How late is the serial number? Looks like this beauty has the updated/revised 59 chain guard without the welded on wire support.
'61 style stem, and looks like the smaller/thinner head badge. I'm curious on the serial number as well.
Beautiful bike. GLWTS.

Hey guys, I just looked this one up again. I'm getting Dec.of 60. Even though manual shows it as a 59! Sorry, not a big Schwinn guy.

Is that hooked in or clipped on something? Or is it just sitting on the frame with it's little padded foot?

Is it intended to keep chain guard straight?
I just call it a support and have no idea what that wire actually supported. But Schwinn later had at least two fixes that replace that wire. See that bent over flange on this one? This was the 3rd version of this style guard, and the second version had a flange that was smaller in all directions L. & W..

1655782025817.png

Backside of the first version.

Last edited:
Back