When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1959 JC Higgins 3 Speed Very Original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$400 OBO
Zipcode

kevin x

Finally riding a big boys bike
JC Higgins 26" men's 3-speed, made around 1959 in excellent original condition. Made in Austria by Steyer-Puch with a 3-speed Steyr hub (much like Sturmey Archer). Paint, pin stripes and decals are original and paint has much of its original gloss, but also has some scratches and a few dents in the sheet metal. It's amazing how well this 63-year old bike has been preserved. All parts except tires seem to be original, but I have the original Semperit austrian-made tires that are in great condition and will include them too. This is a very good regular rider and has been serviced recently. I bought it a few years ago on ebay and was told the original owner kept it in a basement near Philadelphia for nearly 60 years. $400 or best offer (only $375 if you also buy its near twin I am listing separately and not nearly as nice) I prefer not to ship but will take it to a local bike shop for packing and shipping. Thanks.
P1014597.JPG
P1014806.JPG
P1014790.JPG
P1014815.JPG
P1014643.JPG
P1014642.JPG
P1014632.JPG
P1014599.JPG
P1014616.JPG
P1014634.JPG
P1014633.JPG

Last edited: