When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1959 Schwinn Catalina

-
Price
$175 obo
Zipcode
I assure you I've never repainted this bike , in fact I've never painted over any of my Schwinn bikes and I have several. I totally understand what your saying and I respect your opinion
Have a great day and thanks for checking it out
Also I know it's not the original seat , if you look at all the pictures I posted the catalog photo again thanks so much for all the info @Spokemaster

I've owned a couple '59 Catalina bikes and have seen a couple more over the years. I've seen 2 types of front racks on these: the standard one used on most Schwinn middleweights or a Persons branded one. My white and blue one had the Persons, the red one had the more common one. The Persons do not show up often so something to keep in mind as you prepare the sell the bike.
Here's some pics in the link: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1959-catalina-sisters.137513/

I've owned a couple '59 Catalina bikes and have seen a couple more over the years. I've seen 2 types of front racks on these: the standard one used on most Schwinn middleweights or a Persons branded one. My white and blue one had the Persons, the red one had the more common one. The Persons do not show up often so something to keep in mind as you prepare the sell the bike.
Here's some pics in the link: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1959-catalina-sisters.137513/
Thank you so very much !!! Seriously appreciate it 😊

Photo #4 and 6 show a SCHWINN decal that was sloppily masked-off and painted around ....look carefully at photos #4 and 6 ....do you actually believe that was the original work from the Schwinn factory ? ....the faded ORIGINAL FACTORY WHITE PAINT exists UNDERNEATH THAT SLOPPILY MASKED OFF Schwinn decal ....also, tires, seat and seatpost clamp are not original

Definitely NOT original paint !!

That’s what they look like with age! It’s quite obvious you haven’t been around old schwinns before, this is a beautiful original paint survivor!!!

Don't know why there is even a question, definitely OG paint & decals on this cool survivor! and Catalina is one of the coolest names, don't know why it only lasted one yr., of course I'm kinda partial going to "Catalina" all my life riding bikes around the Island starting with 64 sky blue & coppertone Stingrays, really got to dig up those pictures!

Last edited:
Wow these are absolutely gorgeous !!!!! So nice , thanks for sharing @OptimusJay beautiful bikes

What's the rear hub on yours? Single speed with the oil port...Austrian made Schwinn Approved?

I see your in HB so you can view Catalina while riding your Catalina!
1648518526710.png

Back