When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Schwinn Corvette. Rare white

-

indiana dave

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is a one year only color for the Schwinn middleweights and was only offered on the top of the line Corvette. This bike has had a lot of use over the years and I found it in a back yard. I have torn it apart and regreased the bearings and replaced the inner shiftier and brake cables and replaced the brake pads. I also put new tubes and repop 26 x 2.125 whitewalls on it. It rides very well. The generator and tail light are original but the headlight is an aftermarket one. I am keeping the mirror for another bike. Paint is rough but original. Ive cleaned it up some but was afraid to scrub too much. Ive just accepted the patina. There is a post on www.cabe.com about these bikes and there are only about a dozen or so accounted for. They are pretty scarce. Any questions please ask. I am open to offers. Especially someone local with cash in hand. Would ship but prefer local sale.

It's on Ebay with a $400 starting bid... Would sell local for that.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Back