1959 Schwinn Corvette, Really? NOS?

This ad disappears when logged in

PCHiggin

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 22, 2008
Ryderwood, United States
I'm thinking its a restoration and the guy doesnt know it. He even states hes not an expert. He probably bought it (and a good bs story) from some enthusiast or dealer,paid too much and is trying to bail out. Its nice but theyre a dime a dozen.

Last edited:

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 3, 2011
Minneapolis, United States
its just a resto with a chevy color paint,overbuffed recrhome and they forgot to restore the seat,nice lookin bike but man is he upside down on money,looks like powder coat or catilized clear coat paint,fenders sent to the pro buffer,ool bike if a person was doin it for there own ride,but nor a flipper

Dizzle Problems

Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 5, 2017
Ventura Ca
Crazy. People seem to throw the acronym NOS around a lot.
NEW OLD STOCK.
I don’t see a box... claims the rack is NOS. But guess what? It’s been mounted. It is no longer NOS.

I see a lot of parts for sale listed as NOS, that then mention ‘show mounted’ in the description. Mounted means it’s no longer NOS. It is now used, in great shape maybe, but definitely not NOS.

Anyway, too expensive for a restored bike :tearsofjoy:

KingSized HD

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 23, 2013
Herndon, CA, United States
I like it. The front rack, front braces and maybe rear rack legs appear to be painted silver though. But $1500 and local pick-up??? No knowledgeable enthusiast would pay that kind of money. Other than that I think it looks nice, possible repaint but I'm not sure because I'm "color challenged":wink: Oh, yeah, I agree with @rollfaster - It better include an NOS chain for that money.

Oilit

Dec 30, 2015
Concord NC
I like it. The front rack, front braces and maybe rear rack legs appear to be painted silver though. But $1500 and local pick-up??? No knowledgeable enthusiast would pay that kind of money. Other than that I think it looks nice, possible repaint but I'm not sure because I'm "color challenged":wink: Oh, yeah, I agree with @rollfaster - It better include an NOS chain for that money.
And a head light. And home delivery. And maybe a nice storage shed.

schwinnbikebobb

Jan 8, 2011
Central Ohio
Man I don't know. I think it is original paint. This guy sells a lot on ebay so I would think he would know original paint. I don't see any silver paint, it all looks good to me. I agree putting NOS is just asking for trouble and of course the price is fantasy.

Saving Tempest

Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Well, I just know that for $1500, I want a marriage license for his adult daughter/ex-wife and a taxi ride home. Seriously, my housecat is gone and I miss trouble.

fattyre

Oct 22, 2014
Chicagoland
That bike shop sticker has me thinking it could be original paint too. Why bother with a sloppy installation almost over the decal?

Last edited:

GTs58

Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Well I'm up in the air on the paint but really leaning towards original. Fork looks like it has original real pins and the chain guard is sweet, even the back side with no rust. Seat is 63 or newer to match Flambo Red and no crash rail. Grips are later issue and were not used on the 59 models. Missing light and has Kenda tires. No chain for that non original red band 2 speed hub, would've been a Bendix manual. Wonder why such a nice piece has been messed with by switching out parts.
The seller is not an expert but he's not dumb either. He's been parting and selling Schwinns on eBay for 10 years or more.

Last edited:

razinhellcustomz

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 28, 2018
kiel wisconsin
Check this out guys and tell me what you really think. It's really nice...........................but.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Schwi...267328?hash=item1cd2f3a5c0:g:jEAAAOSwUKdc~sNc

View attachment 1013954
This guy must really like his SHUVIES And is totally dumb founded about the true value of this here bike. His idea of original paint is a Joke. He's obviously wearing rose colored glasses and has no clue about old schwinns. HE"S NOT AN EXPERT says it all. Good luck finding a sucker for this one. Razin.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture