When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Schwinn Corvette, Really? NOS?

-

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Check this out guys and tell me what you really think. It's really nice...........................but.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=123798267328

1560316714387.png

I'm thinking its a restoration and the guy doesnt know it. He even states hes not an expert. He probably bought it (and a good bs story) from some enthusiast or dealer,paid too much and is trying to bail out. Its nice but theyre a dime a dozen.

Last edited:
its just a resto with a chevy color paint,overbuffed recrhome and they forgot to restore the seat,nice lookin bike but man is he upside down on money,looks like powder coat or catilized clear coat paint,fenders sent to the pro buffer,ool bike if a person was doin it for there own ride,but nor a flipper

Crazy. People seem to throw the acronym NOS around a lot.
NEW OLD STOCK.
I don’t see a box... claims the rack is NOS. But guess what? It’s been mounted. It is no longer NOS.

I see a lot of parts for sale listed as NOS, that then mention ‘show mounted’ in the description. Mounted means it’s no longer NOS. It is now used, in great shape maybe, but definitely not NOS.

Anyway, too expensive for a restored bike :tearsofjoy:

I like it. The front rack, front braces and maybe rear rack legs appear to be painted silver though. But $1500 and local pick-up??? No knowledgeable enthusiast would pay that kind of money. Other than that I think it looks nice, possible repaint but I'm not sure because I'm "color challenged":wink: Oh, yeah, I agree with @rollfaster - It better include an NOS chain for that money.

I like it. The front rack, front braces and maybe rear rack legs appear to be painted silver though. But $1500 and local pick-up??? No knowledgeable enthusiast would pay that kind of money. Other than that I think it looks nice, possible repaint but I'm not sure because I'm "color challenged":wink: Oh, yeah, I agree with @rollfaster - It better include an NOS chain for that money.
And a head light. And home delivery. And maybe a nice storage shed.

Back