When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Schwinn Corvette, Really? NOS?

-
Well, I just know that for $1500, I want a marriage license for his adult daughter/ex-wife and a taxi ride home. Seriously, my housecat is gone and I miss trouble.

Well I'm up in the air on the paint but really leaning towards original. Fork looks like it has original real pins and the chain guard is sweet, even the back side with no rust. Seat is 63 or newer to match Flambo Red and no crash rail. Grips are later issue and were not used on the 59 models. Missing light and has Kenda tires. No chain for that non original red band 2 speed hub, would've been a Bendix manual. Wonder why such a nice piece has been messed with by switching out parts.
The seller is not an expert but he's not dumb either. He's been parting and selling Schwinns on eBay for 10 years or more.

Last edited:
Check this out guys and tell me what you really think. It's really nice...........................but.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Schwi...267328?hash=item1cd2f3a5c0:g:jEAAAOSwUKdc~sNc

View attachment 1013954
This guy must really like his SHUVIES And is totally dumb founded about the true value of this here bike. His idea of original paint is a Joke. He's obviously wearing rose colored glasses and has no clue about old schwinns. HE"S NOT AN EXPERT says it all. Good luck finding a sucker for this one. Razin.

I met the seller a few years ago. He is into schwinn twinn parts. frames, hubs, chain guards etc. Knows these pretty well and might not be in his wheel house but I don't think he is a jerk. Might be out fishing and testing the waters.

Crazy. People seem to throw the acronym NOS around a lot.
NEW OLD STOCK.
I don’t see a box... claims the rack is NOS. But guess what? It’s been mounted. It is no longer NOS.

I see a lot of parts for sale listed as NOS, that then mention ‘show mounted’ in the description. Mounted means it’s no longer NOS. It is now used, in great shape maybe, but definitely not NOS.

Anyway, too expensive for a restored bike :tearsofjoy:
I agree. N.O.S. is not what it used to be. Just like the term "VINTAGE" is way over used, especially on CL.Half these clowns wouldn't know what vintage is if it bit em in the ass. Ride on and beware of nos. Razin.

Back