When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Schwinn Jaguar

-

Callahooney1

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just wanted to share a pic of this 59 Jaguar I just picked up The cool thing is the Jacks dealer sticker is still in tact. Anyone familiar with Jack's Cycle shop in New Jersey? Is it still around? Just cool how it ended up here in Nuevo Mexico!

20191010_144241.jpg

20191010_144249.jpg

Damn nice survivor. :cool: From the looks it sure doesn't appear like it spent much of it's life in Jersey. Original Westwinds?

Love the green and looks well preserved. You won't have to do much. Is it the single or 2 Speed? I just picked up a 2 speed 1960 black Jaguar in a barn find just over a week ago and have already pretty much completely refurbished it. I have a question about the front rack. I see both the fatter framed un-chromed rack (like on the green Jaguar above), as well as the thinner framed chromed rack (like on the blue Jaguar above) , and on the internet I see both as well. I suspect its a model year difference but both of these are 1959 models. Mine didn't come with the front rack, so I found a reasonable one on eBay, the thinner model like on the blue one. Can some one educate me on what was originally on these when they came from Schwinn, and if I bought the correct one?

Back