When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Schwinn Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bquick

On Training Wheels
I just purchased this Phantom. I checked the serial number and it came up as a 1959 model year. I'm an amateur and did a little research but I'm looking for information. Obviously the waffle grips are wrong. From photos I've seen of '59s it appears the grips should be tan or off white? The tires are shot so I need to find some good used ones. I believe it came with wide whites? And from what I read the pedals in '59 are supposed to be bow style, which I have no idea what they look like? I know the extra front lights don't belong but I'll probably keep them if I can find another lens. And I believe the rear tail light was not available on '59s so maybe the owner added one from an earlier model year? I don't plan on restoring the bike, probably won't even clean it, just grease it up and enjoy it as is. Thanks for any input.

IMG_4354.JPG

IMG_4372.JPG

Great find and great plan! I’d love to find an original ‘59 Phantom someday, they’re so cool!

Google image search for ‘59 Phantom should help you see some of those intricacies. Enjoy!

A careful cleaning, detailing, and service will make this thing pop. I agree grips, pedals, and a rear reflector and your 100% on this one. None of these are overly difficult to find. Post in the wanted section. Nice find. V/r Shawn

Would you be interested in selling or doing some trading? I’m willing to give you three or 4 bikes for the one depending on which bikes you might want I have. Let me know thx. Reason is I’m getting started to restore my fathers exact Phantom. It would be cool to ride with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 1953. Your will join the (for-eternity ) well-cared-for Phantoms club. The lights are a part of the bike's history--like a nose job on a debutant or a boob job on a biker.

Cool bike. I think the later Phantoms with the cloverleaf sprockets ('58-'59?) make incredibly nice, comfortable, and easy to pedal cruisers. Congrats on the find.

Back