When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Tornado built in 58

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KevinBrick

I live for the CABE
2CB29AA3-504E-4DB1-BC19-42D18802AFAC.jpeg
C04D10FF-4D8D-4370-919B-08382E7446C5.jpeg
2DFB2CB5-B0A3-4BF8-BFE6-CA1F8365E14E.jpeg
i was looking for some cream colored S7 rims when I found this on Craigslist.. I put on the seat and pedals.. serial # comes up Dec 1958.. Tires look original.. I paid $100 for it.. Tornados were built from 1959 to 1982.. Nice original paint..

Nice example.

JFYI. The Serial date is the date that the serial was stamped on the drop out component. The bike was probably built sometime at the end of January 1959 if things were running smoothly at the factory.

The Tornado was a promo model for 1958. Model A1 - A51

1958.jpg

Nice example.

JFYI. The Serial date is the date that the serial was stamped on the drop out component. The bike was probably built sometime at the end of January 1959 if things were running smoothly at the factory.

The Tornado was a promo model for 1958. Model A1 - A51

View attachment 793521

Do you know what brand of saddle was used on these bikes.. The Schwinn brochure pictures look like Troxel.. Or did Mesinger have a similar seat..

Tornado was a new for '58 model, I've seen xmas '57 ads for them. They were made through 1961, and the boys' model was replaced by the Typhoon (made through '82), and the girls' model by the Hollywood. The seats were Mesinger I think, a very basic flat seat.

Back