When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1960 Bowden Spacelander

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$XXXX
Zipcode

danfitz1

Finally riding a big boys bike
This nice original Bowden came from the family of an executive of Bombard Industies' Grand Haven, MI facility. I believe it was never sold to the public and remained at the factory until it was moved to the family's home after the Spacelander production ceased. It has the correct holes for a serial number tag, but appears to have never had a tag installed. This makes sense given its history. It sports its original finish which is a bit dirty from laying around in storage for nearly 60 years, but is still very nice and should clean up to be even nicer. Everything is there except the pedals. The handlebars and stem are Wald, and I'm not sure whether or not they are correct. Also, the RH rear axle drop out plate was lost, so the family that owned it purchased one from Memory Lane many years ago. I assume it is reproduction. Everything else is absolutely correct components from the factory, including the lights, correct, original Mertens seat and rear carrier. Frame condition is very good. There is one small chip out of the rear axle mount area. That piece was saved and comes with the bike. It could be glued back in place. (see last 2 photos) The rims and hubs are all NOS, as well as the Carlisle Zephyr Flyte tires. The rear rim needs some minor adjustment to the hub offset. Otherwise, it's ready to go once pedals are added. Shiny restored Bowdens look nice, but they are far from correct. If you want a correct original, here's your opportunity. The good ones don't come available too often. Please note that I will not ship this bike. It's not something I need to sell, so I'm not interested in lowball offers. PM me if you have a serious interest.

Last edited:
Back