When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Columbia Speedliner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Just came in for the beauty treatment...

Ser. No. H130436

20171226_163032.jpg

I wonder if that's the original chain guard, it looks more faded than the rest. It's the correct one for it though.

That was my first thought...but I found where the paint on the rear and front of the guard brace and the backside of guard match the color on the frame very close...it's weird...maybe the guard did not get the same number of coats or the paint batch was different...i dunno.

Here is the brace paint

Most of the bike appears to be catalog original (excepting tires). The seat has no crash rail (as in catalog) so it could have been an OEM 3rd shift seat or replaced later. Everything else including all of the hardware looks unmolested. All of the parts have been on this bike a long time.

It is cleaning up nice - thanks for dropping in!

Frames guards forks and fenders are all painted separately so an uneven faded guard would be understandable. Usually the tops of the fenders also fade sooner on these translucent colors.

Back