When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Dayton Speedster Restoration

-
might be cheaper and easier if you just mark and cut the one you have and re-rivet the little tab on the back.

I think my guard is an earlier one, someone will need it and I can resell it. How much for the one in your yard?

ok, I went out and started checking and sorting.
the chrome fenders I could have sworn were 26" Huffy Middleweight are actually Wald 24" Middleweight.

P2084101_zpsfjdo7lcy.jpg

here's the rear end of the deluxe rack. I think the 61 on Ratrod bikes has the reflectors if you look closely.

P2084100_zpsmzccweio.jpg

...and, after piling all of the parts for my main project (which to be fair, I haven't gotten to in 10 years) I have one complete bike and some left overs. I only have the one short chain guard. I'm thinking I should either hang onto the whole project, or sell it whole. that said, at least now you know what you're looking for. let me know if you need any measurements, and how you want me to measure.

P2084099_zpsza8jqtkr.jpg

ok, I went out and started checking and sorting.
the chrome fenders I could have sworn were 26" Huffy Middleweight are actually Wald 24" Middleweight.

P2084101_zpsfjdo7lcy.jpg

here's the rear end of the deluxe rack. I think the 61 on Ratrod bikes has the reflectors if you look closely.

P2084100_zpsmzccweio.jpg

...and, after piling all of the parts for my main project (which to be fair, I haven't gotten to in 10 years) I have one complete bike and some left overs. I only have the one short chain guard. I'm thinking I should either hang onto the whole project, or sell it whole. that said, at least now you know what you're looking for. let me know if you need any measurements, and how you want me to measure.

P2084099_zpsza8jqtkr.jpg
I don't know what the serial is on your bike, but the rack you have is for 1962-63 models. If you look at the rack on my Dayton, it is correct for 1959-61. The difference is that in 1959-61, the fins on the back were straight and flat. In 1962-63, the fins were raised in the back.

Either way, the rack could be had with or without reflectors, and starting in 1961 (maybe 60?) an electric tail light became an option, but standard on the F-85 and Silver Jet.

Do you have a 1960 catalog? If the tail light was optional in 1960 and with Dayton being top of the line at this time, I'll add the tail light. I even have a spare lens!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tank has been acquired, and so has the elusive 1960 Huffy dealer catalog. I will begin the tear-down process soon.

Back