When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Deluxe Hornet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Here is one I let sit for a couple of years because it had thick orange reflector tape on about a 1/3 of the back fender and a little on the front. You can see it in the license plate pic. Also thought someone had sprayed a thick coat of undercoating on the inside of the fenders. Finally decided to jump in. A heat gun and nifty Harbor Freight plastic copies of a single edge blade and 3 hours of work later the tape was off. The undercoating turned out to be some kind of river bottom mud. It did not just wash off but with a little scrubbing it was gone.That was a huge relief! These Dlx Hornets seem a little odd. Upscale items like springer, chrome rear rack, tank, Rocket Ray light but the seat is a plain one, the rear reflector plain and only sold in a coaster version. Seems kind of funny. Well it is now brought back. I like the colors. Would have come with black grips but I had these and think a dealer could have added them and I liked the look.

009 (Medium).JPG

010 (Medium).JPG

017 (Medium).JPG

016 (Medium).JPG

006 (Medium).JPG

073 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
That looks great! I have always wanted a ‘59 or ‘60 deluxe Hornet. One of the best MWs ever made in my opinion. Do you have a ‘59/‘60 rear fender reflector for this beauty?

Great clean up on that bike. Is the Springer fork original? It looks much different from a heavyweight one.

Thanks! Yes the springer is the original. Just like the chrome middleweight one but with painted legs. Hard to see in pics but on the painted legs there is a black V screen.

Last edited:
I have an original 59 deluxe hornet in the same color combo..... Love yours. They are hard to find, especially complete.

E35CD222-6E83-4BB2-85F8-C3356E4A2D08.jpeg

F86AF159-0EBB-4588-8C17-2B8509C323E8.jpeg

I had a '58 Deluxe Hornet in two-tone blue. Sold it last summer because I only rode it a couple of times a year. Thought someone else should enjoy it.

1958 Hornet right.jpg

Back