When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 J C Higgins Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

meigsman

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Got a few relic bikes at auction the 1960 sears & Roebuck Murray built J C Higgins is not a restore but a personal build for myself. Saving the frame from 5 decades of abuse and rust frame is almost done the tank and chain guard are straighter then when new i hope i can do as well with the fenders a lot dents i had to hammer out. I'm using a new La Jolla for the wheels and other parts only problem is the color choices.

Attachments

• HPIM3203.jpg
    HPIM3203.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 163
just put the last scratch putty on the frame when i sand and wet sand the frame tomorrow i can primmer it for paint. The fenders i will work on the this week to paint next week.
12036773_10205243751358880_5082910385360021535_n.jpg
12036563_10205243750638862_372034626732123441_n.jpg

SUNP0005.jpg
Just clear coated the paint job photo is from poor quality camera. added new tires took it on a 1 mile ride the gearing is awesome smooth ride hope to add pin stripe and J C Higgins chrome and red decal in a few months the tank will house a small tool kit the inside of the tank is just a nice as the outside of it. This was not a restoration but a personal build for myself.

Nice choice on colors... years ago I did an old Enfield three-speed in those colors; and, I really liked the look when finished.

That Murray did not look that good, when it was new. For middle weight: Murray does ride well, geared comfortably. Nice choices, great job. pappy

Back