When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Schwinn Continental...with Suicide Shifter

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I purchased this yesterday from the original owner. His sister had placed it on Facebook for him, and I found out it was being sold to make room and get some money for his aides. She told me he is in Hospice in his apartment, and has Prostate Cancer Very sad.

I met him when I went to meet her to purchase the bike. What a nice guy, and was thrilled to know it would be taken care of. He told me the brake levers were changed out the day he bought it by the dealer, who told him the ones with it were "dangerous" to lean that far forward to brake. (Hmmm...so the shift lever wasn't???). Also, that the frame was to short for him???
He didn't say it, but I know at some point in its life the pedals were also changed out. Tires are dry rotted and it hadn't been ridden in quite some some time.
He also told me that the bike was never kept out outside, only indoors. This would account for the incredible condition of the decals, paint and saddle. You can see it was well loved its entire life, and I'm lucky to be only the second owner. Can't wait to get started doing my usual detailing on it.

Enjoy the "as found" photos... 😎

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1217.jpeg

IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1233.jpeg

Last edited:
-----

gotta luv that headlamp mount!

if the rider were feeling a bit tired they could rest their chin upon it

---

have not before seen a 'LX Connie with this welded crown -

1657461967194.png

"usual" is this forged fellow -

1657463160230.png

---

la potence -

there were at least three different stems employed on the model of MCMLX

the one shown in the catalogue illustration is a Centrix brand from France with a distinctive dual binder

1657463635665.png

1657464343933.png

---

hope you have some pre-'LXXI Atomic four forties snoozing in the bin which can be fitted...

---

great to see the handsome RIGIDA SuperChromix rims on there, complete with transfers instead of the ghastly S6's

---

HARPO will have this completed and concours ready in no time, como per normale 😃

-----

Last edited:
@juvela I'll need to check my Schwinn parts bins for the correct pedals. I THINK I might have stashed a pair in there some years back. 😛 I might even have the correct brake levers!

The bike had been on Facebook for a while at a much higher price than I just paid, then removed. Went to visit my daughter and her family yesterday, and the bike was only 20 minutes from where she lives. So.....😎

Back