When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 schwinn jaguar mark iv,

-

wayne1147

On Training Wheels
can anyone tell me where to find out, what parts, frames etc. that are interchangeable with the jaguar mark iv, or does one not exist. Thank you, Wayne

Sounds like you're looking for a Schwinn parts manual. They're not as common as catalogs, but they do exist.

Thanks for the reply, I am interested in a Mark iv, but to buy one and then have to buy all the replacement parts also, would be a huge price tag. I have seen a decent Mark 5, but not sure if the frame is the same, also some say the corvette is the same. I will keep looking and see if I can find a parts manual for that era. Again thanks.

Mark V Jaguars use a slimline tank and usually had a springer front fork. They were made in between 1963 and 1964. The Mark IV Jaguars were made in between 1959 until 1962, and used a full frame tank. Mark IV's and Mark V's were not made at the same time concurrently. Mark VI Jaguars were only built one year, 1965 and were non springer bikes with a slimline tank. For 1966 the Jaguar name was dropped and the Panther name took its place thru the 1970 model year. These subsequent bikes all ran slimline tanks. Hope this helps as to what you are looking for.

Basically all Schwinn middle weight cantilever frames are the same. It's the other things - racks, wheels, fenders, tanks, horns, etc - that determine the model.

Thanks for the reply, I am interested in a Mark iv, but to buy one and then have to buy all the replacement parts also, would be a huge price tag. I have seen a decent Mark 5, but not sure if the frame is the same, also some say the corvette is the same. I will keep looking and see if I can find a parts manual for that era. Again thanks.

Every single part on the 1959-1962 Corvette is the same as the parts on the 59-62 Jaguar Mark IV except for the seat post cinch bolt. The later models with the hanging tank had two tabs welded to the bottom of the top tube.

Why not buy a complete bike? I have a beautiful 1960 Jag,but it wouldn't be cheap.

These part number sheets are for 1959.. source images from bikehistory.org. Other sheets are there for all models for that year and some other parts might be shared. I don’t think the 1960 info page has these part sheets but parts should be the same as 1959 as GTs58 says.

Corvette
BAE902D4-3DA2-4F3B-A6B1-5E5CA2A6D174.jpeg

Jaguar IV
07DEB778-BE14-4817-803C-3DA6666F748B.jpeg

Panther II
6214F697-8F12-4FB7-98F7-1C6ADBF85267.jpeg

Mark V Jaguars use a slimline tank and usually had a springer front fork. They were made in between 1963 and 1964. The Mark IV Jaguars were made in between 1959 until 1962, and used a full frame tank. Mark IV's and Mark V's were not made at the same time concurrently. Mark VI Jaguars were only built one year, 1965 and were non springer bikes with a slimline tank. For 1966 the Jaguar name was dropped and the Panther name took its place thru the 1970 model year. These subsequent bikes all ran slimline tanks. Hope this helps as to what you are looking for.
Why not buy a complete bike? I have a beautiful 1960 Jag,but it wouldn't be cheap.View attachment 1105183

Back